How many cats are too many?

I want a fourth one but DH says it'll be too many....I just want to adopt all the animals at the shelter lol!

janeosborne

Asked by janeosborne at 8:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pets

• Maybe 4 or 5.....it all depends on how big your house is, etc.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Personally I don't think one could ever have too many cats. If I lived alone, I'd definitely be the little old lady with a houseful. But the most I've ever had at one time was 4. I love my kitties!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• 4 is too many for me. I have 2 and wouldn't mind having 3
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• more than 4
    I have 3 now

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I think more than like 12 is too many unless you have a REALLY big house, or have some that are outside (or inside/outside) cats. We have 4 inside, 1 inside/outside. DH thinks it's too many, but I don't. The house doesn't smell like cat, and they haven't destroyed the house yet. A friend's mom has like 9 (I think 4 of those are outside) and their house REEKS all the time. It's kind of sad because their place is really nice and they're all about fancy things, and their house smells like a giant litterbox (with a hint of dog) thrown in. If you reach that point, it's too many, also.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I think it depends on the size of your house, & your ability to provide for them. Food, kitty litter & vet bills. Then there's the smell test. Can someone come into your home & tell you have multiple cats? The smell of cat pee is the worst! (I know, I had one do that in my car years back & that smell never completely came out!- Ewww! )
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• ONE! lol sorry not a cat person...If im in a house with more than two I feel like its too many! My best friend has 2 but they tend to stay out of the way so its not that bad! I guess it really just depends on how much room you have and if they will be all under your feet!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• When you can't feed them anything but grocery store shit food, it's too many cats.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• 0......lol
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• one. ;-)
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2011