To whom do you tell your marital problems?

Do you ever feel like you can't share your marital problems with anyone because they will judge you or give you unwanted advice. Sometimes, we all want to be able to safety complain about our husbands without being told that we should leave him or shouldn't have married him. I'm thinking of starting a journal (non online) to just write my feelings when my husband does something silly or angers me. If he isn't abusive or cheating or using drugs, I should be able to just vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• i think journaling is the best thing...that an prayer. My whole thing is, a lot of times people tend to remember the negative and long after issue is settled with husband they may still see him in that light. A journal is the safest way... but if you're certain you have people you can absolutely trust then i guess there's no harm in venting with someone close. Bu i know for me, i'm very emotional and hwen Im'm really hurt i express everything i'm feeling which may make a situation seem worse than what it is... or even if it is really bad - i just prefer not to share with others because when the dust is settled long after i have forgotten the issue, they may still remember.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 3:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My marital problems and the discussion of such..stays within the marriage.. If need be, counselling.

However, I do not share marital problems with friends/family because,that could cause more issues in the long run than I personally care to deal with. Once family and friends become involved with marital issues, things can get unpleasant quickly. In many ways: saying things I just may not want to here, having opinions in regards to me or my husband that could influence and make the situation worse not better, things once said can not be taken back, what if friends/family say horrible things about my husband I would think of those each time we were all together.........etc.. These types of things are what I mean when I state that for me, sharing with friends/family could cause more issues than I care to deal with.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i talk to my husband first and try to work it out from there but if i just can't talk to him right then and need to vent then i turn to my best friend..
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I talk to my best friend or my sister because they know that I am just venting and they don't look at my husband any different after i tell them whats going on!

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I think a journal is a good idea.
    I vent to my niece, best friends, and mom. They all allow me to vent without holding onto it forever.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I talk to my friend that I've known for 10 years. She's not usually judgmental and she's there (sometimes) when I need her. Otherwise, I either keep it to myself or talk on here.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I vent to my best friend. She is a great listener and doesn't hold anything against my dh. I don't usually have too much to complain about anyway. And nothing horrible that she would tell me to leave him over.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I vent on here since I have no friends and dont want to get family involved.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I keep my marital problems to myself. My fiance and I don't like to air out our dirtly laundry to our friends and family and I've come to find that is the best choice. People are quick to judge and love to gossip.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I used to talk to my grandmother and get great advice
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 10, 2011