How long did you breast feed or pump?

sophiesmom07

Asked by sophiesmom07 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DS 3 months
    DD 10.5 months.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I breastfed 12 months, 12 months and 15 months.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• 26 months with my 1st still bf my second hes 25 months
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 8:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I breastfed for the first 8 months with all 3 of my kids..i stopped when they got teeth..man does that hurt lol
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I had issues BF, so I only BF'd my DD for about 6 weeks. WIth my son I was even more determined, but still had trouble so I ended up pumping for a little over 6 months.
    MomToLilAngel

Answer by MomToLilAngel at 8:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My daughter self-weaned at 23 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• longest was 16 months.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I pumped while I worked full time for the first 13 months. Then he started getting cow/soy/hemp/rice milk while at the sitter. I still breastfeed at home, 28 months.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I was only able to breastfeed for 3 months. The plan was 18 months, but after I got the Mirena, my milk dried up within a week or two. We didn't figure out what caused it (I thought it was a nursing strike that she wouldn't break at first) until it was too late to get her back to the breast (she was about 9 months old by then, and already half weaned from the bottle). I also figured out for sure that it was the Mirena after I finally got it removed, because even after going back on a combination BC, I was able to produce milk again (I never stopped trying), but not much and not for long. If you want to BF, and plan to for a while, I recommend NO hormonal BC, no matter how "safe" it's supposed to be for BF mothers and regular feedings, high water intake, and if your supply drops, get in touch with a lactation consultant ASAP (there are a few on here, too, I think).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My dd turned 1 yesterday, she is still nursing but we are working on weaning her to whole milk.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011