Hearing test ?

My son will be 4 in Feb. I want him to go in for a hearing test but I know he won't sit still, won't wear headphones, chances are he'll cry the whole time if I try to take him in. Is there any way to get him a hearing test?

iHay

Asked by iHay at 8:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son just had it done at the doctors office and although he did have to wear headphones the nurse was really wonderful and patient. If you can get it done at your doctor's office I would give it a shot and explain your concerns. Your son wouldn't be the first child to put up a fight and I am sure he won't be the last, but if you want it done talk to them and give whatever they suggest a try.
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i did it with my son and you can sit with them in the booth and they will have beeping from both left and right sides and will see if he looks to see where the beeping is coming from.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• They didn't make your son wear headphones?
    iHay

Comment by iHay (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My son was just over 1 when we had to get his hearing test done, and they sat us in a booth together...IDK if they do headphones at that age...Call and see Im pretty sure you can find a way to get testing done like I had! It makes the kids much more comfortable!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011