Honest Question! :) Where in the Bible does it say there will be a rapture?

I'm curious, because I'm not sure if I've seen it, or if I did and interpreted it differently. Not trying to debate. Just looking for some insight. Thanks. :)

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've ask this before in forums but no one every answered it. So here's a bump.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I believe its in Revelation?
    Anonymous

• Where? And what does it say??
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It doesn't actually, it was a story made up a LONG LONG LONG time ago and it succeeded in scaring people in to doing what the church told them to do so it stuck around. Gotta admit it's still makes for a pretty good story.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 9:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It is not made up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hold on, I'll tell you where.
    Anonymous

• not a clue
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• This has to be interesting. I can't wait til anonymous tells us. I think its made up
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I found this!

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about those who have died, so that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have died. For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will by no means precede those who have died. For the Lord himself, with a cry of command, with the archangel's call and with the sound of God's trumpet, will descend from heaven, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up in the clouds together with them to meet the Lord in the air; and so we will be with the Lord forever. (NRSV, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17)

Go to this website..Hope this helps? http://www.twopaths.com/faq_rapture.htm
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It basically says (on the website) that this word isn't in the BIBLE? BUMP!!!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• khf22, that's the second coming of Christ. At least that's what I learned in Bible Study growing up.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2011