court hearing..

My hubby is trying to adopt my boys, the bio dad contested *yet, doesn't bother with the kids* and we have pre-trail hearing soon. We can't afford a lawyer, they want like $3000 just to see you. we have lots of witness on our behalf going. My question is do the witness' go to the pretrail hearing? thanks.

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• So often the bio parent in these situations just doesn't show up, but they still feel the need to posture and say, "Don't take what's mine!" Esp. the men. I hope that is true in your case. When we adopted, our character witnesses were not allowed in. But that was many years ago. It may have changed since then. Law court staff should be able to tell you.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 10:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• go to the courthouse before and see if they have a list of pro bono lawyers and I think the witnesses do not go to pretrial but you should ask the court before you go. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• No they don't. Good Luck! Lets hope your ex doesnt show up. If he doesnt show up it looks very bad and they sometimes just let the party adopt and sever the rights of the parent that doesnt bother to show up.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thank you ladies! That is what were hoping for.. he seen the papers and decided it is too much work.
    We can't get a free/reduced lawyer cause where bringing him, he can get one though to protect this rights.. so NOT FAR!
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thank you!..
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 8:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2011