Is drinking tea everyday healthy during pregnancy?

i love hot tea. is drinking a cup in the morning, in the evening and before bed healthy..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Certain kinds of herbal teas are NOT healthy during pregnancy. Check with your Dr if you drink herbal. But black tea is said to be safe...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• make sure it's a safe non caffeinated kind.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• black tea is safest as long as its decaf. some herbal tea have a diuretic effect and can cause uterine cramping. check with your doctor but i drank decaf black tea and was fine
    lillymom828

Answer by lillymom828 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• BTW, I drink about 4 cups of tea per day--caffeinated, black--but I dilute it one bag to a 4 cup pot. No concerns raised by our midwife.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I heard that black tea does something to hinder the absorption of folic acid so I don't drink that. I drink mostly green tea. Also sleepy time tea isn't good to have while pregnant either.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Non-caffinated tea is perfectly fine to drink.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It depends on the kind of tea I suggest read raspberry leaf it helps tone the uterus so that it is strong for labor.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2011