My 5 month old won't take a bottle of formula cause he doesn't like the taste...

After a few swigs of it he looks at me like "what in the heck is this". I'm pretty sure since he's "sucked" on it at first he's ok with a bottle right?
I'm pumping so that when I leave for classes he'll have breastmilk in a bottle for him.
He should be ok with a bottle of breastmilk right? Without any other trials with it? like I said he drank the formula out of a bottle before he rejected cause of what I believe to be a bad taste

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Would you drink that stuff?!?! I sure wouldn't. LOL

Missbehaves

Answer by Missbehaves at 9:25 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I would think he'd take expressed milk a lot better since he is used to the taste. You might get away with mixing small amounts of formula into it if you are trying to transition him. Also, since he'll be eating a lot more solids in the next couple months, he'll also be getting used to different tastes and won't take as much milk.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 9:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Stick with the breast milk in a bottle. He will take it just fine when you are not there and it will be easier on his tummy than switching back and forth. I stay at home with my children and they only took a hand full of bottles...ever...and each time they did just fine with what I was able to pump while I was gone for a couple of hours.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2011