odd question: shaved

It seems that every female I know shaves down there.Most men I know do to. The men thing might be a military thing but I dont know.Have I just stumbled on a concentration of shavers or is that the new norm.

electricblue

Asked by electricblue at 10:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Shaving down there is not new. I've been doing it for years. Some people do it for hygiene some do it for style. Just don't so it with a dull razor.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 10:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I believe many people are choosing to shave. It's fairly common among women, but a bit less with men. Honestly, it's up to personal preference. If you'd rather not, don't feel as if it's necessary. I know a lot of people that just keep it trimmed.

Cymbeline

Answer by Cymbeline at 10:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I only have 1 friend I know of that doesn't shave.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i do think that shaving has become a new norm (atleast for women).....i shave, but sometimes i let it grow a bit and just trim....i personally think its due to the greater public acceptance of porn....a lot of porn stars are shaven and i think thats why its so common....plus it feels nice to be all smooth down there and i think it makes the sensations better during sex.....but it is a bitch to keep up
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• my husband and i both keep the area "tidy" with an occassional trim/shave. but to shave it completely? no thanks. i used to do that when i was younger and it was totally uncomfy once it grew back. and the hair grew back almost immediately so you either had to reshave and deal with irritation or let it go and deal with itching and it looking funny.
    pinkbubbles79

Answer by pinkbubbles79 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• IF U GNNA SHAVE THE BEST RASOR IS A MATCH 3
    MOMMY2BNOV21

Answer by MOMMY2BNOV21 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I did when I used to wear a bathing suit. I didn't want any movements I made show hair.
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 2:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I do it for hygiene plus I am kind of chubby down there and so i shave to make it smaller/ sleeker
    Anonymous

• I have shaved down there for years and it just makes me feel cleaner.If you do it once its hard not to keep it cause you get use to it...
    mommy2B_1985

Answer by mommy2B_1985 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I shave the bottom part, but leave the top neatly trimmed.
    stefanierios

Answer by stefanierios at 11:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2008