If you knew

If you knew that your baby would have a major defect after it was born, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, etc; would you terminate the pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That is a hard question to ask...I agree with the answer above...for me it would depend on the resources available to the person...if you are unable to take care of a special needs child it might be cruel to bring that baby into the world...espcially if they ended up needing to be adopted, not many people would adopt a special needs child. Its a personal decision the individual will have to make, but whatever they decide they should not feel guilty!! So many people have opinions about decisions other people make and its not fair...good luck and god bless!
    tall_mom42

Answer by tall_mom42 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Nope.. Every child is a gift, and I treasure each of mine
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i wouldnt have the heart to do that...i know i have flaws...infact...i have a big nose, too many teeth, im skinny and people call me skeletor, clothes never fit me...i have A.D.D. and ADHD...

so i couldnt..i know i have flaws and everyone else does too..so..why should i punish the baby for God making the baby this way?
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It would depend on what resources I had available to help, and that will change for everyone and all throughout their lives. One benefit about knowing ahead of time is that you can join a support group and set up needed care before the baby arrives.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• awww mommytobe626
    that was sooo sweet at the end!!! ive never heard anyone say that!! :]
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• If you were the baby, and could answer, what would you tell your mom?
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 12:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• hmm honestly, it depends honestly how severe it is for me. My son had torticollis; and I had to see some very very sick children taking him to therapy myself; it broke my heart to be honest...
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 12:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no! every kids is a gift. think about those people who can't even have baby's and they really want one too, but they can't they would really wanted. so if you do have a baby like that please don't be mean and do anything to it. it's a precious thing in your life. keep the baby.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 12:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• never would i it has taken us 3 years to have ababy and i would love the baby no matter what
    mommysangles08

Answer by mommysangles08 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Never ever! God has a plan for every child....he makes them unique for a reason. I like the answer above too...if you were the child and could answer, what would you tell your mommy???
    krockwell

Answer by krockwell at 1:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008