Ive been hearing bad things about Zoloft on here but...

I read the symptoms it treats and I have a few of them. Could it just be that it works differently for everyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Health

• Medications affect people differently. I hated it and was taken off it fairly quickly. I have a very good friend who is still on it and it has helped her.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Zolof was wonderful for me. My only side affect was it made me tired, so I took at night which worked because in the beginning I didn't sleep very well.  The benefits usually out weight the side effects.  Keep in Contact with your Dr....

Good Luck

christinato

Answer by christinato at 9:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• What didn't you like about it? I can't tell if I like it or not? Lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• It made me angry. I would go from happy to I could kill in a heartbeat. Maybe it is safe to say I skipped angry and went straigh to enraged. I also lost my sex drive.

How long have you been on it? You need to be on it for a f=couple weeks or so to see whether it helps you or not.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I am going off my personal experiebce and what my doctor told me. If you feel it is not helping you maybe you should call your doctoe.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• My spelling is miserable tonight.
    zebbiebug

• You won't know if it will work or not for you unless you try it. I've tried several antidepressants and Zoloft is the only one that has worked. I felt great on it (ran out and haven't been able to find a doctor since we moved). The other ones I tried made me feel nothing or worse. I was on Lexapro after my 4th child was born and was more suicidal on it than off. Scared the crap out of me so I tossed the last of the pills in the trash. My dad was also on Lexapro at the same time and he said it really helped and he felt great on it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• everyone is different and it's what works best for you... prozac works for me and i don't have to get my blood check every month for it... i did when i took Zoloft cause it could cause liver damage.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• We all react differently to meds, which is why it's so important to work with a doctor. For me Zoloft made me far worse instead of better, unfortantely for me at the time I was on it I was also 12 and my doctor just told me I hadn't reached the right dose, so as she kept upping it and I kept feeling worse I started upping it on my own until a friend was visiting at med time and watched me take three times my proper dose at which point he flushed them down the toilet before I put myself to sleep for good with the things. Since that time though I've tried a few different drugs in the SSRI family and none of them make me any better and most of them make me worse (a fact that drove my OB apeshit during my pregnancy with baby boy).
    I'm now on Pristiq which is part of the SNRI family and for me it works really well.
    If you've been on it a few weeks talk to your doc about what you feel is and isn't working with regards to the meds.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 10:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Zoloft is the least addictive and has the least side effects of all the anti-anxiety meds. I was on it for 3 months after my divorce. After 25+ yrs of a very abusive marriage, I was scared to death of my ex's repercussions. I couldn't shut my mind off and couldn't quit stressing over all hed done to me and the family and what he might do because I wouldn't let him back in the house. I went almost 4 months without any real sleep. I would "sleep" for about 10 minutes and wake up in a panic. I probably wasn't even getting an hour of sleep a night. I told my doctor and he put me on Zoloft. I did very well on it with no side effects whatsoever. My heart rate went back to normal, I could breath once again and I could finally shut my brain off at night to sleep. After 3 months, I just didn't need it anymore. So, I just didn't refill and haven't needed it since. It will be 10 years ago this June.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011