37 weeks...

So im miserable ... lol. What pregnant woman hasn't said that. Im upset because when I got checked last week I was told absolutely nothing was happening. I was considering a vbac but my dr says he's too big and wont fit. He says that's why im in so much pain because of how large he is and I guess because he's pushing on a pelvis he wont fit into. I don't want another c section. My first one was horrible. I just want him out. I can barely walk because of my pelvis, my right hip and my sciatic. I don't understand why if they've decided I have to have a c section they can't take him like soon. Instead they scheduled it for 3 days before my actual due date. By then ill prolly be in a wheel chair. I understand the best thing is for him to cook until he's ready but I can't do this. Im in so much pain and I am constantly chasing my 19 month old around. What can I do to feel better and make it through the next 18 days??

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 9:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a vbac, and let me tell you your doctor is full of crap. The pain is so beyond normal and has nothing to do with size and you can birth a large baby just fine my doula vbaced an 11lber. This is a bait and switch to get you to have a c-section. Also they are cracking down on early c-sections because the number of premature births is rising because of them so they are allowed to do them before 39 weeks. I would tell them to stick their c-section and wait and let your baby come when ready. Go see a chiropractor it will help a lot with the pain ;
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• hang in there. take it 1day at a time.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• First off, just because you're not showing any "progress" doesn't mean anything; at my last appointment with my second (VBAC) baby at 39.5 weeks, I was dilated to "maybe a 1" (not at all before then) and not effaced at all, baby was still high, all that jazz, and I went into labor 3 days laters. It means nothing. And the pain is probably the combined effects of being almost 9 months pregnant and having to chase around an active toddler at the same time; my second was so much worse because of that, and she was over 8 lbs (I don't know what you/your doctor consider "big").

As to what you can do for the pain and discomfort...unfortunately, not much. Take it easy and rest, but I know how impossible that is with another child to take care of. Try to take comfort in the fact that you won't be pregnant forever, and cherish these last few days of being able to give your all to your only (for now). :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Well with luck you'll go into spontaneous labor, it may mess up THEIR plans but it'll get you done sooner.
    Beyond that all I can say is talk to your doctor about meds to manage the pain. With my son, who came out a whopping 8lbs 13oz. I ended up getting induced at 38 weeks becuase I was having contractions but not moving past 3cm and 80% and was in so much pain that I was suriving on a cocktail of loratabs to get through the day and ambien to sleep at night all of which was mixed ontop of my psych drugs. SO in the end it was decided it was best for me and baby if I got induced.
    If worse comes to worse, can your husband take a little leave time early to help around the house. We also had to do that.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 10:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Once you hit 38w I would raise hell in the office. Everyone I know who had a csection with #1 was cut right at 38w because the doctor prefers to not have you go into spontaneous labor & the woman i know who did VBAC were induced so the entire situation was controlled.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2011