a potty training question...help!

my daughter hasn't had any accidents in a week!! However, she doesn't tell us, we just have to put her on. We can be at the store/a play place etc...for a couple hours, she won't potty her pants...i'm thankful!

So my question is....how do we get her to tell us?

Chell.o_0

Asked by Chell.o_0 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Keep asking her. Does she know the words pee pee and poo poo?
    Ask her, "Honey do you have to go potty?" If she nods yes or says yes ask her which one Pee or poop. Keep telling her she needs to tell you when she needs to go.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Buy some stickers or something small that kids go crazy over and when she is on the potty, be all excited like "YAYY Goood girl, You get a prize!!!!" Trust me she will be telling you she needs to go even when she doesnt =p haha Good Luck!! *:)
    Milani_Hunni

Answer by Milani_Hunni at 10:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• With my daughter we got her in pullups so if there was an accident she was covered then once she was really good at going when we told her we gradually just stopped telling her unless it was time to go out or before bed and she did really well. When we're home she just goes and when we're out she got to where she'd tell us beause she didn't like the consequences when she had accidents in public (we had to go straight home and we were done for the day) after we went to just panties.
    Now she uses it as a way to try and get what she wants, like out of the cart or away from whatever mom is doing that she's decided she doesn't like.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 10:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I would just keep asking her "can you tell mommy when you have to go pee pee or poo poo".
    Try to get her to say the words and work with her everytime she goes
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Give it time. I took my son 6 months to be able to tell us when he needed to pee. (He could tell us when he needed to poop after about 2 months.) Prior to that, I just took him regularly. Eventually I did offer up another set of rewards but only if he told me and went all by himself. We had a second round of accidents for a few days before he figured it out. Just don't rush too much. Some kids take longer to know the feeling of having to pee.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2011