This is kind of gross but does anyone know how long after i lost my moucus plug i will go into labor? and should i call my doctor or will he think im crazy? help? please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Simply losing your mucous plug doesn't mean you are about to go into labor. Some women lose their plugs over and over again in their pregnancy and it grows back.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 12:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• you can lose it anywhere from two to three weeks before labor AND it can grow back. Don't get too excited just yet. But, if it will make you feel better, give him a call.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 12:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• well, I lost mine at 20 weeks and gave birth at 36w2d so there's really no way of knowing.

just give the doc a call.
    Anonymous

• I lost mine at about 36 weeks and gave birth 38. It could really be a matter of a week or much longer depending on when you lost it. It is no indication of when!

There is no reason to call your doctor - but if it will ease your mind do.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• when i was pregnant I lost my moucus plug after sex tmi i know. about 8 or 10 hours later i was in labor, but I think it all depends on the person. If you're already contracting keep them timed when you get to about five mins apart i would call the doc. or if you're really worried about it, it wold prolly be a good idea to go ahead and call the doc
    Heather_Missour

Answer by Heather_Missour at 12:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• everyone is different but for me it was 5 days later..
    ocean122489

Answer by ocean122489 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i lost my mucous plug three days before i went into labor and had a slow leak of amniotic fluid and went into hard labor and gave birth within in 45 minutes of going to the hospital!
    lindalekiersten

Answer by lindalekiersten at 7:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008