For hairstylists,

what is the best flat iron for color treated hair? I know most stylists use Chi, but my last one said another brand was better. And online, Chi wasn't rated the best brand. There are different types of plates, and I need to know which type is best for color treated hair. Thanks!

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I prefer to use Bio-ionic ceramic blades. It has different heat settings, never use it as high as it goes. No matter what flat iron you get, it will still be damagin on your hair wether it is colored or not. Make sure that you always use a heat protector first. Some heat protectors are "Schwarkoff Flatliner and Matrix Sleek and Shine. There are a lot more than that. A good product to use afterwards to tame flyaways is Bedhead Afterparty. You don't need a lot of it.
    jeslynn1818

Answer by jeslynn1818 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i think it would be better for ur hair if you sprayed it with heat defense spray and blow it out straight.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I am going to buy a new one for home. And blowing it out straight doesn't work. Besides, she uses a flat iron, too. Most stylists use Chi, but those aren't the best, at least that's what we found online. I just wondered what stylists actually think, not just what we found online.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Ask your stylist she will know because she knows your hair
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I'm going to. I'm just asking here, too. It's always better to get more then one opinion.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011