• In the Spotlight:

watery cm literally flowing down, negative opk,cd 15...what might be the reason..any ideas? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Infection?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• infection or maybe not i can go from thin to thick. I did have a lot later in pregnancy.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Infection..? I hope not... Besides i do not have any itchyness or any kind of irritations..

I had a miscarriage 6 months ago...With that pregnancy I had a similar experience..but never before or after..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• OPKs don't become positive until just before you ovulate, when your body releases the hormone that causes the follicle to rupture and release the egg. Before you actually ovulate, it's all just preparation anyway (you can get a positive OPK and still not ovulate). So you might not be close enough to ovulation for the OPK to pick it up yet.

Or, you could have missed your LH surge (the hormone OPKs detect). Sometimes some women's LH surge isn't high enough at the right time to register a positive OPK.

Those would be the most likely explanations, in my opinion.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• watery can but doesn't always mean infections, hormones can do crazy things too. If it is watery, discolored and smells bad than i would suspect infection otherwise you are probably fine
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Thank you all..May be I missed ovulation..I checked for ovulation only on cd 9 and cd 15...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2011