do contraction start out weak then slooowy get more painful?

im ready for this baby lol. i feel a very small pain in my back but i dont want to get excited its a contraction. so do they start really small and get worse? thanks

sammyjoG

Asked by sammyjoG at 10:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yep, they start out slow and they continue to grow.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Mine did. Mine started at like 6pm & they were barely noticeable. By 2am they were noticeable enough that I couldnt fall asleep. I went to the doctor at 9am & my water broke before I was able to get into exam room. It took 45m from water breaking to get into my hospital room- my water breaking was the trigger. As soon as my water broke the contractions got 100x stronger immediately.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Yes they start out not so bad and get worse and worse.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• They can and usually do. Not always, though. I was expecting it to be like that, but my first contraction was at 9:00pm, and by 10:00 they were fast and hard, 2 minutes apart. The key is regularity; keep track of how often they come, and if it's in regular intervals, expect them to get stronger.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• With my son, I was super scared because I didn't know what a contraction was going to feel like. I was scared that I would miss the signs and not get to the hospital in time. Let me tell you, you will KNOW when you are in labor. Contractions are pretty noticable. :)
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Normally yes they do you will notice discomfort and not know you are in labor then it will become more obvious, some people however start out hard and fast I did with my 2nd
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes and they won't go away or get weaker if they are true labor contractions.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2011