does anyone know how i can solve bruised nipples?

When i first started feeding she wouldn't latch on. They had me use aipple shield til she started to latch on again. Now that she is, my nipples are bruised andbleed every once in a while.

jeslynn1818

Asked by jeslynn1818 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'ts been many years but there is a cream in the baby isle for cracked nipples and it did work for me...Funny I can recall that pain to this day but would not of changed it! Lol
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 11:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Massaging your nipples in between feedings will help. Also massaging lanolin and/or vitamin E oil into them will help, as well.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:09 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Use the lanolin all the time. I had that problem, too. Almost made me cry at times. It will get better...and soon! I found that distracting myself with tv or magazines helped. In a couple weeks you won't feel pain anymore.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 11:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• how long has this been going on? are you still using the shield or completely off?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:04 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• daughteroftruth: it has been goin n for a couple weeks now. she is completely off the shield now. part of me wants to go back, it didnt hurt then.
    jeslynn1818

Comment by jeslynn1818 (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011