For moms That has taken thier Toddler to get the flu shot. I have a Question for you !

My Son which will be 3 on FEB 6 , got a flu shot on the 28 of last month.
Ever snice he has been having on & off diarrhea. His Doctor told me that thier TWO parts of the ful shot, Now he has to go For the secound shot on the 28 of this month.
Now im starting to think twice about it. Does my son HAVE to get the secound shot ? I really dont want him to get it.

So does he have to take the secound one?
& what are the effects your child has gotton from getting the flu shot?

yamil519

Asked by yamil519 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son got sick one year around the time of the flu shot, but not the second one. I wasn't quite sure if it was just a coincidence or not. I would get the other shot just to be safe. I bet you will be glad you did. I always feel terrible making him get ANY shots, let alone when he ends up getting sick afterward, but I have been told that, even if the shot is what makes him sick, it is supposed to be a milder version of what the shot is trying to prevent. Whatever you choose, I will you luck! :)
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• the second shot is a booster that you get the first time you ever get the flu shot. It is supposed to help ensure that it will work against that specific flu strain. The flu shot is a dead virus and you can not get the flu from it, the flu mist is a live virus and a chance of getting the flu. The only effects that my kids, husband, or I have ever had from the shot was sore muscles. My husband and son have both been sick after getting the mist though...so we dont get the mist anymore.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• my son didnt have any affects after having his flu shot.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• if u dont feel comfortable getting the second shot then dont get it! the 2nd shot is just a booster!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I got really sick from the flu shot! My son didn't seem to but we all came down with a cold and I had to postpone the second shot a week. He seemed to run a low temp after the second one, and slept more for a couple of days but otherwise he was ok
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i dont think you have to take him to take i no i was late taking my daughter she was suppose to get it in nov an i took her in jan. so i doubt its mandatory :) (she didnt have anyside affects)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Its recommended to get both. My 2nd child had it and was really sick with it, so we opted out of getting the 2nd half of the shot. And when we decided several years later to try again...she reacted fine, but they told me that since the records never finished processing (since we never received the 2nd half) that she has to get it AGAIN...but no reaction this time, so she's getting it again at the end of the week. My almost 2 yr old got the first half of the flu shot...and just NOW started getting sick, but it might not be because of it...not sure, but he's going back when his sister does to get his 2nd half.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 4:42 AM on Jan. 11, 2011