Healthy Meals but Cheap :) plz

My Husband and I have decided to eat healthier no matter what. Less Sodium, Less Fat,.... Less Everything!
We are running out of good ideas for Healthy Meals.
I know cooking from stactrch helps alot, but I can't always do that with our schedules. Sometimes I make the stuff the night before when I know im going to be home late.

But pretty much I am posting this, because I am running out of healthy idea for meals.
Please help. If not a recipe, maybe a site that you got some good healthy recipes from.

Thank you!

HANNAHSMOMMY25

Asked by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i suggest checking out a diabetic cookbook, most are cheap and have tons of stuff in them with portion servings and caloric content. also a slow-cooker cook book, i have one that i love :) one meal that quick and easy is chicken fajitas over brown rice, you can cut up the chicken, peppers, and onions and put in fajita marinade. you just have to cook the chicken and stuff when you get home and spoon the fajitas over the rice.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Does this go good with Brown Rice and White Rice?
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Comment by HANNAHSMOMMY25 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Chicken and cheese enchaladas are a favorite in our home. You can use leftover chicken (bake a whole one one night and use the leftovers in this) and cut up monterray cheese in a corn tortilla. Dump enchalada sauce on it. Bake for 30 minutes. Make a side of rice if you want more. Turkey works, too, or just cheese.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 11:27 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Cleaneatingmag.com has some healthy recipes (price varies). Same with sparkrecipes.com. I subscribe to Clean Eating magazine, and I've gotten a ton of great recipes from there. Might be something good for you to look into.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:28 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Will look into those Sites. Thank you.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Comment by HANNAHSMOMMY25 (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Ginger Chicken...
    This is a really easy dinner (or lunch)...
    Take two chicken breasts (I use the Costco skinless frozen chicken breasts) and place them in a saucepan add approx. 1/4 inch of water. Add about 4 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce, 1 + tablespoons of powered ginger (fresh is best though), 2+ tablespoons of honey - then cover it all and cook (play with the amts - I don't measure them anymore). Next prepare some pasta or rice (whole grain pasta and brown rice would be healthier). Next steam some veggies (I use broccoli). Before your chicken is completely cooked - cute it into cubes (now you can do it because it isn't frozen anymore) and put it back into the saucepan and recover.

My rice cooker is fast and is usually done around the same time the chicken is done... Pour the chicken with sauce over the pasta or rice, add the veggies and dinner is done. From freezer to table in usually about 20 minutes...
    HonoluluMom808

Answer by HonoluluMom808 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• mozerella chicken
    take chicken breast add itallian seasoning
    bake it in the oven add sliced tomatoe and cheese on top broil until done,
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 11:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I dont think I have ever made anything with Ginger. I need to double check if my husband likes it. lol. Thank you. Sounds good.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Comment by HANNAHSMOMMY25 (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Mozerella Chicken Sounds good too!
    We put itialian dressing on our chicken sometimes, but never cheese and tom.
    great idea!
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Comment by HANNAHSMOMMY25 (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• stir fry is easy, add tons of veggies & eat with rice or tortillas
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2011