Aloha Cafe Moms in OC - I will be at my Dad's house in OC and will have 6 days with my 4 and 6 year old daughters - where should I go with the kids?

I have always gone to Disneyland while visiting my Dad in HB but I have decided to try something different this summer. I have come up with the following list of places that I have never been to and would love your suggestions...

1. Aquarium of the Pacific (Long Beach)
2. Discovery Science Center (Santa Ana)
3. Adventure City (Anaheim)
4. San Juan Capistrano Mission and Zoomars Petting Zoo (SJC)
5. Irvine Regional Park (Irvine) - Train, bikes, boats
6. Dana Point Harbor, Ocean Institute, Pilgrim Ship, Tidepools (Dana Point)
7. Crystal Cove - trails, tidepools, beach (Newport)

My Dad will probably join us but I haven't left time for relaxation - there is so much I want to do... My kids are well traveled. My husband I took them to Europe last October and they didn't complain once - they loved it (making our trip a huge success)...
After OC we will spend the next two weeks in San Diego (we will go to Legoland while in SD), followed by Vegas, then home to relax for two weeks before the kids go back to school.

So I would love to know your suggestions - new places not on my list, places not worth going to that are on my list, any info would be great...

Thanks,
Toni

HonoluluMom808

Asked by HonoluluMom808 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Travel

• no matter where you go remember you are making memories and have as much fun as you can possibly have. I am a great grandma now and realize that stress on vacations just are not necessary. do a lot of laughing and think what you might want to do if you were a kid what might you like to do and remember as an adult doing with your mom.
    This time goes by soooo quickly enjoy it. I remember being so stressed out I forgot to have fun. By the time I realized this I was already a grandma. now grt grandma of 13 and 3 on the way. 26 grands and 6 kids. they remember baking, sewing, reading playing and laughing though. I only remember the yelling at them becuase they were being kids and not what It hought they should be. They dont' think like us and so why expect them to. They haven't had the experiences to know the difference. so just have fun at what ever you do and try to take pictures. like they say a picture is worth a 1000 words.
    KONILE8939

Answer by KONILE8939 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I love the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, Have you been to Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park? They have Camp Snoopy for the younger kids. You can get free tickets online to see your favorite television shows filmed if they are filmed here in Los Angeles. Universal Studios is fun as well. Consider getting tickets to see a movie at The El Capitan Theater in Hollywood. They usually show the current Disney movie, and have live performances by the characters for the kids. It's amazing to do that. I don't know what's currently playing. There is so much to do, my kids are older, so it's hard to think of things, but if I come up with anything else I'll post it. Really check out the El Capitan!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• well, there is always Disneyland for one! Disney is offering a two for one right now for a park hopper ticket. You go to Disneyland one day and California Adventures the second day for a special So Cal price. Leggo land is really fun for little ones. The Aquarium of the Pacific is good and Discovery Science center is good. The beach stuff sounds fun too. Also if you go to Universal you can possibly get a ride there on a hotel escort tram. It leaves from a Disney hotel and goes down to Universal, that way you dont have to drive there. Look all of it up on-line. Have a blast whatever you do!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:37 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• lol, Im sorry I missed your last part of this post,,,my bad! Oh well, forget Disney,,,haha. I guess its past my bedtime!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Where ever you go just have fun and take lots of pictures.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2011