Do you take more then prenatal vitamins or do you take your prenatals everyday?

I don't want to over due the vitamins so I only take the prenatals, do most of you take more then prenatal or should that be enough I'm new to this whole baby thing just want her to be healthy? And what are the healthiest foods to eat while your pregnant. I heard certain foods are good like chicken, of course bananas fruits, veggies exc but was told to avoid certain kinds of fish.

babydoll845

Asked by babydoll845 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i never took prenatals. i took children's gummy vitamins.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i took prenatals everyday, but took vitamin B6 for morning sickness. (dr okayed it) i also was prescribed heartburn medicine cuz water gave me heartburn and i had it 24/7 again dr okayed it.
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• i take only prenatals (along with a good diet) this time. Last time my doctor told me to take slow releasing iron every day too. Your doc will tell you if something is missing in your blood work, so if they havent said anything I would say just prenatals are fine
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:19 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I have iron-deficiency anemia, so I took additional iron. I also took fish oil. It's considered safe, as far as the whole mercury thing goes. Just eat a normal balanced diet, and remember, you're eating for two, but not two adults! You need an extra hundred calories per trimester (100 extra per day in the first trimester, 200 extra in the second, etc). No more than that. Make your calories count- make sure you're eating nutrient-rich foods. Fruits and veggies, lean proteins, and whole grains. Stick to those, and you'll be fine. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• unless you are low in iron or something else just a prenatal will be fine. me i took my prenatal and my regular thyroid meds that they did raise the dose on both pregancies.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I only took the prenatal because I was terrified I would OD...lol
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I took prenatals DHA and vitamin d
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:37 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Prenatals and iron with my first. With this one I'm taking prenatal's, a pro-biotic, and some red raspberry.
    Joelygirl

Answer by Joelygirl at 4:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2011