poncho baby sweater

Back in the 60's and 70's I used to crochet a tiny poncho for babies new borns mostly but have long lost my pattern. do any of your mothers or grandmothers have such a pattern or some directions on how to make one. ony remeber it had a chain under the arms connecting front to back. the two fronts tied together and it was connected at the shoulders. only about 6 - 8 inches longfrom shoulder to bottom. was almost a diamond when laid completly open. Can't even remember if it was 3 pieces all joined together or not. Help..... I am working on the greats now and would like to leave them something special and different.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
connie

KONILE8939

Asked by KONILE8939 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• a quick google search returned this for free poncho patterns...I didnt look at each one to see if they were what you are looking for though http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/ponchos.php

foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Check out the yarn websites like Barnat and Lion. They often have free patterns for crochet and knitting.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 5:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You could make them like granny squares. the pattern I have is an "L" shape and you sew the bottom of the "L" to the top of it and it is a poncho. Cute and easy.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2011