Your opinion on church?

Required, or not?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Required for what?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• no.
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• by God, I'm sorry. Do you feel like God requires church attendance?
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• No. But fellowship, yes.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 11:35 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• No. I believe church is for the socializing. Everyone I know who is a church-goer is always baking cookies or having dinners at the church etc. I often wonder when they have time to praise the lord or whatever.
    I believe any relationship with "god" comes from within, it's a personal relationship.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• No, church is is not a building but in yourself!! :) You dont have to go to church to get to know your god..
    Milani_Hunni

Answer by Milani_Hunni at 11:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• You don't need a building to demonstrate your faith...but a place where you can gather together with others who share the same faith. The way that I know of has no designated church building that most ppl think of. Instead it's held in ppls homes of those who believe, and the gospel is often spoken in a school building, or large room in a hotel, and the conventions are often held in a big barn or giant raised tent.
    It says(bible) that the Lord dwelleth not in temples made with mens hands...the true temple is our bodies wherein can dwell God's Holy Spirit.
    Anonymous

• No, it is not required. The church as we know it today was not even thought of for MANY years of Jesus' death and resurrection. Fellowship with fellow believers and continued study of God's word is strongly recommended, however.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 12:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I believe meeting together is required.

Hebrews 10:25
    Acts 2:42
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• encouraged.... we are not meant to grow in Christ alone, fellowship is necessary for growth.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2011