trying and trying and trying some more

im divorced and a few years ago met my current husband. were trying to get pregnant. im 34 and my husband is 47. i recently went off of seasonique back in september. i have 2 other children 9 and 6. did it take anyone a long time to conceive after going off of the pill? it was a long time ago but i dont think it took this long last time. my husband doesnt have any children and im starting to think there may be a problem. i should probably just relax about it all. ive tried ovulation tests but they never come back positive. any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It took me a month after coming off the pill to conceive. As for suggestions I don't have any. I'm sorry.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2011

• get the ovulation tests or just stop trying and it will happen,,
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 12:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Sometimes the pill can cause infertility. It ca be temporary, or it can be permanent. It depends on how long you've been taking it. It could also be that you are older now and ovulating less now than you once did. It could be an issue with his sperm, you could get a sperm count done and see. But there are lots of things that have changed for you in 6 years, so you can't assume that since you've got kids, the issue isn't on your end. You could try the ovulation strips every day for a cycle and see if maybe you are ovulating sometime other than in the middle of your cycle.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Like a couple of the girls have suggested, use the ovulation test strips. I personally, have found them to helpful in determining when you are ovulating.
    IN the Fall, both DH and I both had some tests done to check our fertility. His sperm count is good and I have one blocked fallopian tube (which doesn't make it impossible for me to get pregnant)- I got pregnant in November but sadly miscarried at just 8 weeks along. But, the positive in all of this is that it is possible so maybe start with the tests for both you and for him and go from there. If all the tests are okay, then it is just a matter of continuing to try. Best of luck to you!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 1:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart.

That will help you know if you might have a problem. If you don't ger pregnant in 4 months of charting then see a doctor.
    Anonymous

• this is the greatest calendar, thank you sooo much!!! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• start drinking Ensure plus after 5 years of being off the pills I could not get preg and someone told me to start drinking Ensure plus and I did and I got preg also try taking prenatal vitamin after my first child of 18 years I started taking the prenatal and got preg you have to build your body up. bless you! I have a 23 year old and a 5 year old
    jewel7575

Answer by jewel7575 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2011