Anyone know of any exercises for.....

So a majority of my pregnancy weight gathered on my back area right above my butt, does anybody know how to lose body fat there?

proudmama2772

Asked by proudmama2772 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• It seems a lot of mammas are having this issue! I had the same after my kids

You can tone your bum in a variety of ways. First, and foremost, you must work to lose any excess weight. This can be done through cutting portion sizes, and regular aerobic exercise. I have found that running works really well for toning the legs/backside. This is especially true if you run on an incline.

Also try squats.. stand with your legs shoulder width apart, and slowly enter a "sitting position", then stand back up slowly. Doing it slowly will require more muscle control. Good luck!
    Cymbeline

Answer by Cymbeline at 10:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• check out the website "sparkpeople" they have great exercises for every part of our boodies and bodies. LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Exercises can only tone your muscle underneath the fat, but that won't remove the fat itself. And, love handles are just that – pure fat. The only way to burn fat is a healthy diet and cardiovascular exercise. This will help you lose weight all over your body including your love handles. As for the exercises, you could try some basic crunches, twist crunches, anchoring exercises, elbow-to-opposite-knee sit-ups, and bent-over twists but, as I already said, all these exercises must be applied along the very strong diet.
    PlasticSurgeon

Answer by PlasticSurgeon at 3:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• There's no such thing as spot reduction...meaning you can't get rid of fat at a certain place but you can build muscle making more the area more toned & tight. If you want to get rid of body fat then cardio is the key to your fat loss goals. And lunges, squats, butt crunches will also help develop that tight and toned behind.
    nkleintank

Answer by nkleintank at 12:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2008