This is going to be long but needing some ppls advice... adult content

I know inevitably I am going to need to just take a test, I plan on buying one as soon as I can get to a store (don't have a car..well paid for half of one so far lol...and live in buffalo ny...sucks walking!) I'm just trying to get some ppls opinions who may have gone through this. I am on the depo shot...I had my 2nd one end of november...I was around a week late for getting it because I forgot. A few days before I had the shot renewed I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend because I wasn't thinking...and then after having the shot had unprotected sex several times. Now some background...I have degenerative disc disease and had a discectomy done in June and the one above the one that was removed is all messed up too so just trying to be careful so I don't further the degeneration of the disc. I am also 24 years old...thought i'd throw that out there too. My back issues are probably going to make it very hard for me to ever have more children...I already have a 4 year old. I want more of course but I'm leaning towards adoption. Now...a week before xmas I started spotting and continued to spot for 2 weeks, out of the 2 weeks there were like 2 days where i'd have clots and that was pretty much it...it wasn't enough to even put a tampon in the whole time, i just used panty liners...I'd spot a little and wipe and it would be small pinkish mark with a blood clot just chillin there...SORRY TMI just trying to explain the best I can. So now it's gone but since it's been gone I've been so tender in my abdomen, my hips hurt like hell...I actually feel like I'm having braxton hicks throughout my lower back, into my hips and then down my legs. It has me so baffled. I was told before that the depo shot gives you signs of pregnancy, well I think I'm having signs of a miscarriage which would break my heart. There is also the possibility that something has happened with my back issues and maybe that disc is starting to buldge and is hitting a nerve which is causing all these weird pains. I'm thinking if I was pregnant I'd probably be between 6-8 weeks. So like I said I'll definately take a test but if you have any experience with this or just an opinion I'd like it if you could share with me that way I know I'm not losing my mind or something lol. Thanks for reading this :-)

DaniMarie6

Asked by DaniMarie6 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure that you are actually preggo...so relax a bit...I was on the Depo for 12yrs and usually they schedule you about 2 weeks before you are actually due for it. You CAN have your period while on the depo and the symptoms that you're describing sound a lot like that's what's happening to you. I too have back issues so I understand your wanting to have more children before your back is so far bad that it would be too hard for you too. I have severe scoiosis (40+ degree curvature) and I wanted more kids too but my doc felt that it would be too bad for me to go thru. I also have arthuritus in my hips... I've been on disability since I was 19! It SUCKS!
    I only have my one son...and surprisingly no real regrets about not having more children.
    I worry that if I had had more that it would cause further trauma to my already poor condition of my back, than how would I chase the kids??
    Something to think about.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I meant to type *Scoliosis!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yeah that's why I had the depo shot...as much as I want more kids I don't think I can biologically. As for them scheduling me...the lady told me to schedule it for after a certain time if i wanted her to do the shot because she would be in hawaii and at the reception desk I said I'd just call with it when it was getting closer so I knew my schedule so I was around a week-week and a half late for the latest time I could get it because I was told between one date and another is when I should go back. I'm like 98% sure I'm not pregnant but it was a thought that kept weighing on me...that and I want another child so much. Thanks for your response though and I'm sorry you can't have more children either....it's not fair when things happen so young and we just have to deal. Crackheads and whatnot get to reproduce just because they can but when there is someone who would really be a good mom we just can't, sucks.
    DaniMarie6

Comment by DaniMarie6 (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• it's not fair when things happen so young and we just have to deal. Crackheads and whatnot get to reproduce just because they can but when there is someone who would really be a good mom we just can't, sucks. Comment by DaniMarie6 (original poster) at 6:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2011
    ---------------------------------------

HUGS, mama shrugging  I don't understand that sometimes, either.

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011