I did a new workout ....

and I'm kind of sore. I plan on doing a different workout tonight that doesn't require weights. That's fine, right? It won't hurt anything, will it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Take it easy. If you do too much too fast, you can hurt yourself. Part of what gets you fit is allowing the body to rest between workouts. You also won't be able to go full steam with the one tonight if you're all sore from the last one. When was that workout? If it's been a day or two, an easy workout might help work through some of the pain. Listen to your body, and don't overdo it. Make sure you schedule some rest days in there, mama! It's great that you're so motivated to work out, but you don't want to hurt yourself, and then be out of commission for a few weeks, ya know? Stop when your body says stop.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It's ok to do different work outs. Make sure you are stretching enough and not over doing it.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 12:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• it's good to alternate!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I'm sure it will hurt but it is supposed to if it is working I think
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Start out slow. Do different workouts do work out different muscles & areas.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:57 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Don't do too much an hurt yourself. I always feel a little sore after a work out, though. :)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:29 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It is always best to alternate days of weight training, I would do yoga one day and then weights the next, and make sure to drink plenty of water and stretch.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Alternating is good, like some others have said. Good luck to you.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• it's best to change up your routine... for example if weight lifting only do legs or arms one day, and the other the next... you want to give your muscles a rest inbetween.
    asil

Answer by asil at 2:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I would speak with your dr. or another professional regarding what an appropriate work out would be and how to be aware of when you are working yourself too hard.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011