Has anyone experienced an increase in thirst when first pregnant?

mrs_bommis

Asked by mrs_bommis at 12:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im 40wks and i am sooooo thirsty lol , i have no idea why.
    TeenMom17-Mszy

Answer by TeenMom17-Mszy at 12:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i feel like i havent drank in days and its been like walking through the dessert (if i spelt that right)

in about 5 minutes i go through abouit half a gallon of water or milk or OJ cuz im soo thirty..sucks when u cant stop peeing lmfao
    Anonymous

• Your body works a lot harder when you're pregnant, so it's totally normal to get dehydrated and really thirsty if you don't drink enough water =]

As long as you're peeing, you can't drink TOO much water. Carry around a water bottle and fill it up every time you run out. It may take a few days and it's annoying as hell to have to pee constantly, but you'll feel better in the long run.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Are you eating a lot of salty foods? That might be part of it. However, I am thirsty all the time myself (23 weeks). Doctor told me to drink at least 1 gallon of water a day...so...more is not going to hurt. You just have to stay hydrated like others said. Baby's amniotic sac is forming those first weeks and your blood volume is increasing, so...fluid is going there too! Peeing all the time does suck, but it is part of it. Hang in there and keep drinking that H20! :-)
    SassyJulie

Answer by SassyJulie at 12:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• No, but I was extra hungry that first month. I woke up in the middle of the night just starved! Something that never happened at the end of the pregnancy. everyone reacts differently.
    Anonymous

• huh! Is the pope Catholic?
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 1:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2008