Really tight pressure, but not painful... contractions?

I am 39 weeks pregnant, and just really curious to know if I am actually feeling contractions or what these past few days... this is my second child, but with my son I never felt anything, I got kidney stones on my due date and went to the hospital thinking it was labor, only to be induced... I've had dull backaches the past two days, and lots of pressure in my lower regions, and I've been feeling a more constant tightening/pressure in my stomach, but it doesn't hurt, just feels like strong pressure... can these still be contractions even if they don't necessarily hurt?

Any advice would be great... I'm just sick of hearing 'you'll know when you get them', lol...

Stephie999

Asked by Stephie999 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That sounds just like what I felt with my third child, and I ignored it. Thank God I had a doctor's appointment scheduled that afternoon or I would have delivered her on my own!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:20 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Thanks... I have a doc appt Wednesday morning, but I figure I'll just keep an eye on it through the night... hopefully this is the start of something! :)
    Stephie999

Comment by Stephie999 (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Sounds like prodomal labor....meaning getting your body ready for the real deal. Congrats.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• That's what it felt like for me!! Wishing you a healthy and comfortable delivery!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Sounds like braxton hicks contractions totally normal
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:35 AM on Jan. 11, 2011