Is it okay to give my baby rice in his bottle?

My Baby is 2 months old and just plain formula is not getting him full. I dont want to over feed him and also i dont want to upset his tummy if i do give him a lil rice. Does anyone have any advice??
Thank You

NavyMommy0910

Asked by NavyMommy0910 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't do it! 2 months is too young!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• 2 months is still to young for rice cereal... but it is okay to up the oz on the formula.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• NO. A 2 month old is way too young for cereal for one... if he's hungry feed him more often, your baby should get all his nutrition from formula or breastmilk. And also adding rice is a choking hazard.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:29 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• First of all, never put it in the bottle. Their stomachs aren't designed for that. Secondly, there is no way formula isn't doing it's job. His stomach is the size of his fist....there is NO WAY more than 2 ounces can fit at a time. Feed him a little more often. Not a ton with big breaks. All babies get fussy, gassy, upset and irritable...or have discomfort..it doesn't mean he is hungry. He should have nothing but formula or breastmilk until at least 6 months old.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Thank you i havent gave him rice i was going to talk to his doctor before i did anything
    NavyMommy0910

Comment by NavyMommy0910 (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Eating really often is normal for 2-3 month babies. He's not supposed to be full for very long. That's why we moms are so sleepy from getting up to feed them all the time! LOL!
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 12:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It never hurt mine to give them cereal. I have 3 kids & my oldest is 19 My youngest is 18 months. He was a premie. I'd fix him a thin cereal bottle with a jar of fruit babyfood. He loved it. He slept better & was a lot less fussy. Ask your Dr & c what he says. I asked my babies nutritionist because he was underweight. He only weighed 5lbs9oz. She wasn't big on the idea, but I was giving my oldest various table foods at a month old. I never had any health problems with any of my kids because of what they ate or how young they were when they ate them. GL
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't recommend it. One thing to try is smaller amounts, but more frequently.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It's because of things like what Amy197 did that we have obese adults with various health issues in the world. IBS, high blood pressure, cholesterol problem...it may not affect them right this second, but, they will NOT be healthy adults.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No...Talk to your dr. also is a very great idea..go w/that idea...
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2011