Does Anyone Else Have A Moody Teenage Son??

My almost 15yo son is Sooo Incredibly Moody...I swear he's worse than any teenage girl. And if he's not getting his way he's simply NOT happy...so he makes everyone else miserable in the house. His moodiness has caused several b/f of mine, in the past, to break-up w/ me. I've grounded him, I've taken privileges away and "toys" away ie; computer, PS3 et cet... I'm at a loss...any suggestions??

Missikat75

Asked by Missikat75 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Moodiness is just part of being a teenager...boy or girl...I think. I have 3 sons, and to some degree they've all gone through this. I think it's part hormones or testosterone, and part just adjusting to growing up. There's not a lot you can do other than to enforce rules for good behavior, Which it sounds like you're doing. Try talking to him and seeing what's going on in his life, but moodiness, is pretty normal for a teen.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:44 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Ugh...he is driving me crazy!
    Everything and I do mean everything I ask him to do or NOT do becomes a challenge with him.
    I want to pack a ham sandwich and run away from home!
    Missikat75

Comment by Missikat75 (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I hear you....I think I packed a few ham sandwiches and left....but I came back every time....it does get better though. Hang in there momma!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Good Luck, my boys, Michael & Steven, I nicknamed Michelle & Stephanie, lol They're now 24 & 20 so it does get better I promise! I didn't have girls but sometimes it felt like it! I would tell them I was the ONLY one aloud to PMS!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• LoL...I call Bradley "Gloria" when he acts all PMSy!
    Missikat75

Comment by Missikat75 (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Three boys...Gerrod, Jayson and Joey...aka...Greta, Jamie and Joy.....lol
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• See, we all have girl nicknames for our hormonal boys, lol I love it, we're not alone :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• As the mother of a 22yr old son, I can tell you that your boy should start to mellow out around 23-24.....mine has gotten to the point that he has realized that I am not as full of sh*t as he has thought since he was 13, but has not quite gotten to where he will admit it to me. Hang in there!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Um, yeah!!! Worse than me on PMS. I kid you not. Mine is 14 1/2.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Welcome to NORMAL! Puberty with boys is an interesting roller coaster ride.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2011