New to the Air Force Officer wife life.... :-/

hey everyone!!! Im here in hopes to learn a little more about what my husband and I are getting into. :) My husband is prior service in the Army for 8 yrs. He got out and went to college thats where we met. We graduated in May. I had a daughter from a previous marriage and we have one together. Anywyas :) my husband is in the process of getting a commission in the Air Force, and I just want to know what its like...?!?!?! Ive never been around the military and I honestly have no idea what to expect...how is on post housing, what are the good, the bad, and the down right ugly things that I will see on a day to day basis... :) thanks for the answers!!! Im totally clueless and could really use some help...
I honestly dont know what the difference would be between elisted and officer when it come to day to day things, but really, I want all the info I can get!! : sorry so long

mmyrick7

Asked by mmyrick7 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• ummm I am an army wife and things are just the same except my husband deploys every 3 years =( but I do enjoy the perks and on base food shopping.. super cheap =)
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 12:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My husband is enlisted, and deployed now, Airforce.. Its tough dealing with deployments.. although i hear officers dont deploy as much as enlisted but i dont think taht is true, im pretty sur ethey deploy equally, idk.. I know these officers wives clubs..
    I couldnt tell ya whats its like for an officers wife, they arent allowed to really hang out with enlisted, But best of luck to ya!!:) and welcome to the Air Force Family!
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I'm retired Army and my son is Air Force, theres alot of great benefits being in the military, base housing or if you live off base you'll get allowance for rent, commissary is less expensive than most places you shop, military discounts, usually 10% at alot of businesses like AT&T, Home Depot, Lowes etc. Medical, Vision, & Dental..List goes on and on, the downside is deployments, usually AF is 7 months, when they're on-call 24-7, move alot etc. but benefits far outweigh the negatives.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• yeah, once I started reading some of the posting on some cites I was a little worried about the whole enlisted vs officer wife thing...it was crazy to hear how they were talking about each other. One of my besties in enlisted in the army and she said its not as bad overseas and just depending on where you get stationed at here in the us...so I think I might try and shake things up as long as my hubby doesnt get introuble for it...thats my only worry. :-/ Thanks for the input!! Do you guys like being military spouses??? I know that sounds silly, but to read what some people say about it they hate it, im sure I will love it, its what my husband wants to do so bad!! Im so excited!! Thanks lots ladies!!!
    mmyrick7

Comment by mmyrick7 (original poster) at 2:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• OMG women that marry military men should realize what they are getting into and not complain im married to a marine and its amazing because of the simple fact i love my husband and would do anything for him times can be hard but in the end if u love your partner it shouldnt matter if hes delpoyed and is gone or whatever because its for love and im going into the military also so its not bad military life isnt that hard pay check every month medical dental so many other things be blessed that u have married a man who serves our country
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 7:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• @ AliciaLamoreux-

I totally agree with you!!!! My sister-in-law said that to me the other day on the phone and I was like really??? first off thats my brother your talking about and second off you married him and you should want to be with him...Ive heard more people say things like that it would never sross my mind to even think something like that!! It CRAZY!!!!
    mmyrick7

Comment by mmyrick7 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2011