a "reborn" doll- made to look exactly, to the last detail of your baby... freaky, or neat?

This was designed for women who lost there babies and wanted some type of...idk...replacement?
She can even instal a heart beat.
My son being healthy and alive, I would love to capture all his details, his little baby fat and hair and relesh on that for a lifetime.
But if my son has passed away, I wouldnt that thing any where near me.
what do u think? http://www.reborn-baby.com/berenguer-leanor.html

JnCV

Asked by JnCV at 1:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i seen them there a tad bit scary i dont think i would purchase one lol
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I think it is really creepy. I would never buy one... ever...ever... EVER!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:04 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Oooh I'd ONY like that for a replication of my living son...he's almost 15 now and I wish he was
    still that innocent little baby I had!
    For the daughter I had lost...NO, too heart-breaking!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• creeeepy!!!! i would never get one
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• *I meant to type ONLY*
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Thats really scary!
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No I don't think I would want one. I lost my baby when I was 24 weeks pregnant and there is no way I would want the doll around to remind me 24/7. I can understand why it may help some people but not for me. Just thought I'd share though, if you click on "gallery" there is actually a doll of a baby orangutan lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• But from what I read on the website, it's not a doll made to look like babies that people have lost, it's just dolls that are made to look very lifelike. Here's what it says on the site:

Reborn art involves making dolls look like real life babies.

Deborah King is the reborn artist behind www.reborn-baby.com and she specializes in this art.

Here on the homepage we feature some of the latest baby creations.

The process of reborning a doll is being able to create as realistic baby as possible.

This is achieved by firstly buying or creating a doll mould to start the reborning process. It is then neccessary to begin colouring the dolls head, body and limbs through a variety of different techniques to give a very realistic human skin effect.

This takes multiple layers of different paints to create mottled effects such as that of a newborn baby. We also add veins and other methods to add that real lifelike quality e
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• quality effect.

Our babies arrive to customers weighted and stuffed to feel very cuddly and similar to that of a baby. The arms, legs and head are also weighted to give each doll a comparable baby weight.

For the doll to have realistic hair our prefered option is to root the head and eyelashes with high quality coloured mohair.
    The rooting process is achieved by using a special needle which locks each individual strand of hair into the vinyl doll body. This is done strand by strand and can take days, patience is essential.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:14 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Kind of cool. I wouldn't want one myself though.
    Missbehaves

Answer by Missbehaves at 1:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2011