Where did manners go???

I am so tired of actually taking the initiative to pay attention to other drivers and let people into my lane even when there is terrible traffic and I just want to get home...and then they can't even acknowledge me, let alone thank me!!! It makes it so that I don't want to let anyone else in...grrrrr...damn California drivers.

TitusMom7

Asked by TitusMom7 at 1:20 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Travel

• It's the same all over.

Hilariously, those same dense drivers are probably bitching about their pet peeves --about a different kind of rude in driving, or whatever piece of politeness was drilled into their heads by the various Miss Manners' in their own lives.

Relax. Not a single one of those drivers has any idea what has happened to you so far in your drive --they're not on it with you and have no idea how many others have been rude (or even if they see it as rude or just expected 'taking turns' that if you didn't play along with, they'd see you as uncivilized) so far today. So, if you're going to be polite to the first driver you encounter, whatever reason you have for that can't be different from how you treat the 75th driver --or you're just taking out one person's behaviour on another total stranger...which as you can now see is a bit irrational.

They aren't teaming up against you, you know. You do know that, yes?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Depends where you live in my experience . In big cities it can be hell on wheels . Much better in smaller cities The most uncivil place I ever drove in was Paris, France . In California, I was only ever in and around Sacramento and found it OK.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:23 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I live in Sacramento and it is TERRIBLE most of the time.
    TitusMom7

Comment by TitusMom7 (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I live in San Diego and its even worse! Makes you want to pull out your hair.......PPL here can not drive!!!!  frustrated

honeychicks

Answer by honeychicks at 1:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Atlanta driving is a bitch, too...OP. Lots of rude AND stupid drivers around here. I feel your pain!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It is like that everywhere.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2011