Enough talking about the end of the world =)

Let's share some creation stories instead. What do you believe about creation? Are there any other creation stories/ideas that you like even if you don't believe in it?

I am a Christian and believe that God created the world in 6 days, and that Adam and Eve were the first people. I also enjoy many of the Native American creation stories from a mythology stand point. They are told so beautifully.

asmcbride

Asked by asmcbride at 1:29 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm going to sound crazy but I just watched a few shows on the history channel about aliens putting us here! It went into how the building blocks of life can be found in space, ancient drawings and physics, it was very interesting and sounds like a good of a theory as any other.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 1:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I believe in evolution.  I'm watching the documentary Planet Earth, so far I've seen the episodes about volcanoes and the atmosphere.   We owe our existence to volcanoes and bacteria! 

It's an incredible series which I highly recommend to anyone interested in evolution.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I believe there was a Creator that kicked everything off and evolution took over from there.

OP ... Is that 6 of OUR days? And I have to disagree about Adam and Eve being the first. They were the first in the GARDEN but not on earth. Just the way I read it in Genesis.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:57 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I believe in Creation but not 6 literal days. I'm not familiar with to many other stories except evolution..at least I don't remember any...
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:20 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• SpiritedWitch- yes I believe is a literal 6 days. My own reading has not lead me to believe any differently. As for disagreeing with my beliefs, you obviously have that right. This questions wasn't really intended to be a debate on our beliefs though, just a sharing experience =)
    asmcbride

Comment by asmcbride (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I am a firm believer in evolution.. I believe the act of creation can be seen through this process through the beauty of sexual reproduction.. and that every act of love is an act of creation and a tribute to the entire process.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 10:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I found this website with links to many creation stories from a round the world. I can't be certain that all the stories are correct since I haven't heard them all before, but it is some interesting reading.

http://www.gly.uga.edu/railsback/CS/CSIndex.html
    asmcbride

Comment by asmcbride (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I am a Christian and I believe God created the world in 6 days. a day and a night it says in the bible . I do believe back then days were longer as well I cant dig in scripturally right now to explain it but its there .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I believe in a self-existent cosmos or a self-contained universe--essentially that the universe creates itself. A Universe that has no beginning or end. It just IS. I accept science as the best method for understanding the universe. I accept the Big Bang Theory and the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection as the best explanations of how our world and we came to be.

"The quantum theory of gravity has opened up a new possibility, in which there would be no boundary to space time. . . There would be no singularities at which the laws of science broke down and no edge of space-time at which one would have to appeal to God or some new law to set the boundary conditions for space-time. . . The universe would be completely self-contained and not affected by anything outside itself. It would neither be created nor destroyed. It would just BE. . . What place, then, for a creator?"
    Stephen Hawking,
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I accept current scientific theory as to the origins of our world and this universe. 

However...these are cute: 

Polytheist Creation Story

The Cats' Creation Story

Family Guy-How it all began

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2011