can I have a scheduled c-section at 40 weeks pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if the doctor schedules it yes
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You can have a C section, do you want one? are you sure you're 40 weeks? Docs usually like 39 a little more for some reason
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 1:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I was always under the impression that they usually did these earlier than your due date.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• If the doctor schedules it yes, but usually they do it at 38-39 weeks so there is less chance for you to go into labor. Why are you having a c-section at 40 weeks?
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 1:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no i am not having my child at 40 weeks i was just wondering beacuse i want to keep her in there longer. I am also having a c-section for my reson's =)
    Anonymous

• you can schedule it for then but if you go into labor earlier they will do it then. Im doing mine at 39. If they dont have to do it sooner.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 1:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It's up to you of course when you want to have your c-section...i am having mine in 2 weeks at 36 weeks but I have to have it early...but if you wait till 40 weeks you risk the chance of going into labor...thats why I am having mine so early because I have a complete previa and I can't have a natural birth...good luck and god bless!
    tall_mom42

Answer by tall_mom42 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yes you can. The doctor will probably prefer to do it a bit earlier though depending on the reasons why you will have a scheduled c-section. Sometimes it is just plain dangerous for the mommy to go to into label before the scheduled date. I think it is always a matter of weighing of the pros against the cons.
    nogutsnoglory

Answer by nogutsnoglory at 4:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2008