is their any free parent and baby classes

trying to find a free mommy and me class or even cheap im going through financial issues.

cameransmama

Asked by cameransmama at 2:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Try contacting your local health department or hospital system. Good luck!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Try local hospital, ask you doctor for refernces, ask at local YWCA/YMCA
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Check out your local library. Many of them offer mom-and-me story time and/or craft classes and they are typically free of charge. We did a lot of library programs when my two where toddlers. :)

Try your community or county parks department. They also often run programs that, while not free, tend to be cheap. I know the county system in my area does single session themed project and learning programs for $5 per kid. Some programs can run a bit more but it's rarely a lot more.

I'm not sure if you've got a religious affiliation or not, but poke around the area churches. Many in my area host toddler/preschooler playgroups open to the community. Some do have a bit of Bible story component, but mostly it' just play and fun time. Look for moms' groups in your area - they will at least offer organized playgroup dates and gatherings. I found one in my town by googling "[city name] mom group" and "[city] playgroup."
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Our local Parks and Recreation Department offers very cheap classes for parents and toddlers.

Answer by missanc at 2:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2011