Do you think/believe you need to have either odd number or even number of offspring?

or does it even matter to you?

kingkongsmom

Asked by kingkongsmom at 3:35 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• It doesn't matter to me. I wanted children. When I met hubby, I wanted 5, he wanted 8...he kinda has OCD with 4's I think lol. We have four kids...and that's all hubby feels he can handle so 4's what we get...for now hehehe.

I don't think it matters. Happy and healthy. Sometimes its how many you can fit at a table, sometimes its how many you can fit comfortably in a room...and sometimes you just want the number you feel you can handle when the time is right.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 4:25 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• lol I don't know that the odd or even thing matters, but I want 4 personally, 2 boys and two girls and maybe a bonus girl lol. Currently I'm halfway there in my late 20's with 1 girl and 1 boy!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:37 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I had 3 and got fixed. When I had my 1st I'd decided that I wasn't having anymore. Then I had my daughter 9 yrs later. The guy I was with didn't want me to get fixed cause he still wanted children. We ended up spliting when my daughter was 2. Then I had a son in 09 that wasn't planned. All my kids are 9 yrs apart so put a stop to it cause I'm now 36 & am not having anymore. I love all my kids dearly & wouldn't trade them for anything. Every child you have is a blessing so it doesn't really matter how many you have.
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 4:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I would like to have 1 boy & 1 girl. a boy i already have, now I desperately need a girl but only after 3 years
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't really think it matters. How much patience and time you have with your children matter along with, what you can afford to have.
    GrandmaBfly1

Answer by GrandmaBfly1 at 7:14 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I think it does matter because I've always heard that if you have 3 the third child usually ends up getting left out especially if there is very much of an age differance. If they are real close in age it may not matter. But as they say 2 is company 3 is a crowd.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Didnt matter to me. I would have had three if my then dh wanted three. but it stayed at two
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 7:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• For some unknown reason I had to have an even number. I seriously don't know why. So we had a boy and a girl and I developed hypothyroidism and started taking the pill to correct the issue. Well both the OB and the endrocronologist forgot to tell me my fertulity would jump with the treatment so we... oops had a third. So I insisted we have one more to even it out again and then I got fixed. LOL Five pregnancies in all four live births.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• fertility** Can't type worth a damn tonight. One girl three boys I am happy now.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I could care less
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2011