waiting..........

My so and I have been talking about maraiage and looking at rings and wedding stuff for a few months now. I have been a single mom for 7 1/2 yrs, and my son with no father in his life. I am sooooo stinkin happy EXCEPT he hasn't actually asked yet. He wants to look at and talk wed an d honeymoon stuff ect but .........
I am loosing my freaking mind. At this point everyday that passes is actually painful. With all my son and I have been through I just really need the confirmation that its real. The wait is KILLING ME.
Did anyone else feel like this? Any tips on how to get my mind off of it?

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 6:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• He may be waiting until he has the ring in his possesion. Take a breath
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I guess I should add that I am not a total crazy person he initiated the looking at rings ect. :)
    mommymeg03

Comment by mommymeg03 (original poster) at 7:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I know it's hard but you have to be patient. Focus on today, soon enough you'll be planning the wedding!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I would sit down with him and have a heart to heart talk about how you're feeling. If you feel comfortable, give him a time limit or ask him to set one. Maybe he's just not ready for marriage yet. I know it took me 8 years of dating on and off with my husband before I actually agree to get maried. It's always best to talk things over and not keep it botled up inside.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• SO and I have been together 5 1/2 yrs, have our third baby on the way, but are still not engaged. We keep talking about it, looking at rings, and he keeps saying soon..... It did drive me crazy for a little while, but you have to realize that worrying about it will not change a thing. Maybe he hasn't found the right ring, or doesn't have the money for it; maybe he is trying to think of a way to make the proposal really special, or maybe he want's you to be totally surprised by it(since you think it's coming soon). The fact is simple- He is with you now. If he wanted to leave, a ring will not change that. If he is there for you and your son when he needs you- isn't that what's more important?
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• oh, and DON"T set a time limit. This might make him feel pressured, nervous, and want to leave. He will propose when HE is ready. If you try and force a proposal, it may never come....
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2011