Does anyone else?

Find it disgusting that the left is using last weekends tragic event for their political agenda? That is the worst part of it all.They have only speculation and they want to blame the right.Instead of blaming the shooter they use this tragic event for their own selfish agenda.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 6:48 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• ABSOLUTELY!! In recent tragedies ever notice how when it's a MUSLIM, he's "deranged, mentally ill, psychotic, etc." When it's a NON-MUSLIM, he's a conservative, Republican or member of the TEA Party?!?!?

Hmmm....must have been nice for liberals when they had COMPLETE control of the media, huh?! It must suck that there are many opposing views given copious amounts of air time and print space!!

I was listening to Bob Bechtel (total lib) on Hannity last night, and even BECHTEL said HE was the one who coined the term "Target Strategy" back in the 60's/70's, and this is nothing new! And to blame it on Palin is utterly ridiculous!! He would be an example of a SENSIBLE LIBERAL!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

•  Is there anything that THIS photo says other than CRAZY?

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Give it a couple weeks, it'll all die down. Something else will make the headlines, God forbid it be something this horrible though.
    The blame game is actually really stupid right now considering just how crazy this guy was. I think it's just a diversion from the real topic of how many people and agencies dropped the ball with this guy.
    Everyone that knew he was nuts is to blame. IMO
    Personally, I think his dad should be prosecuted also if it is any way possible.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I also want to add, I think it will backfire on them.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I find it disgusting that both sides are pointing fingers at each other. In the end, the one person responsible is that bald headed crazy f*ck.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I am almost 100% sure that if it was a republican that this happened to, the accusations would be flying from all of you ladies. I'm sure of it.--

nice. assume much, or just like to accuse without evidence? that's as terrible a thing to say as anything i've heard/read about this entire event. where's YOUR humanity?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• NOBODY told this man to do this and saying, "the left is using this to further their political agenda" or, "the right is using this to further their political agenda" isn't doing anybody any good. I haven't heard EITHER side, left or right, trying to use this tragedy to further ANYTHING.

You need to go check up on C-Span, then. So far there is one proposal for yet another redundant gun law (because apparently the purpose of gun laws is to identify all the undiagnosed mentally ill, not gun safety. You'd think they'd leave that to social service agencies, since gun laws still won't identify the ones who prefer bombs or knives instead). There's another for serious restrictions on free speech. They are also blaming specific individuals by name for causing it (a few have had their public relations people smack them upside the head and they've retracted, but some stick to it).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• NP, all of those bills you referenced have been written for a while and in a drawer. They were pulled out the day the shooting happened and discussed as ready to take to the house floor. All they needed was a "serious crisis" as a catalyst. If you think your legislation is good, present it. Don't wait until the citizenry is rilled up over some crazy guys actions. I think this exploitation of the process is just as disgusting as the blame game that was immediately played. Now, the right has to go into defense mode, the left is in attack mode, and no one is in sympathy mode. There should be outrage, but at the laws that make people scared of law suits for insisting people like the shooter get help. Put your outrage there and your sympathy with the families who are suffering.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• That's how it works anymore, sadly. Anyone could shoot someone, and the the libs would dig and dig until they found someone or something to blame- music, movies, video games, Sarah Palin, guns, etc. It's ridiculous! They have led this country to believe that you are not really responsible for anything- whether it be violence, getting/loosing a job, or supporting your family.
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I think everybody is trying to blame someone else. When in reality, there is NO ONE to blame but the person who pulled the trigger. Maybe everyone needs to stop attacking each other, left AND right.
    NOBODY told this man to do this and saying, "the left is using this to further their political agenda" or, "the right is using this to further their political agenda" isn't doing anybody any good. I haven't heard EITHER side, left or right, trying to use this tragedy to further ANYTHING. Enough is enough already. I think this is a prime opportunity for everyone to just stop with the bashing and start respecting each others opinions.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2011