my mother wants too be in the delivery room when i have my baby!

Im 7 months pregnant, i just got off the phone to my mother. I was talking to her for about 2 and a half hours. She wants to be in the delivery room when i have my baby. I just want too know what other mums feel like about that. My opinon is that only I and the father of the baby should be in there.

Elle2778

Asked by Elle2778 at 6:52 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't want my mother there. I knew she would just piss me off. I only wanted my DH there.
    She was a bit ticked when I told her, but she got over it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My mom was in there twice, and my mil was in there the 3rd time. This time its gonna be just us, and I am looking forward to it!!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Well than do that, it is up to you. Congrats!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 6:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I think, this is something nobody should EVER ask for. It's up to the mommy to be. You get invited (what an honor) or not. Nothing more to it.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 7:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I let my mother in the first time but she just stressed me out, we're very close but it's just not something I was comfortable with after the high stress! If you're going to be calmer without her there perhaps try and put her in your shoes, with my second I asked my mom if she would be comfortable with my grandma there and she made an UCK sort of sound so that settled it.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Its up to the mommy to be. Personally I didn't want my mother in there.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Who cares about our opinion... it's your delivery.

Delivery is about YOU. If it makes YOU feel better that you have 20 clowns and anm octopus, go for it. If you want the entire place silent, go for it.

If you want you mother there, have her, if not, don't.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 7:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I insisted that my mother be there b/c I was scared to death. I am a big baby and I really thought I was going to die. I love my husband but he's never given birth. I am really close with my mother and I needed someone there with experience that could assure me that everything was ok. My hubby was just fine with it and it ended up that I had my mom and hubby in there with the second one also. But, if you are not comfortable with it then just let her know that...I'm sure she will understand.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• my mom wanted to be in the delivery room for mine also since she was in for my sister both times, but I wasnt ok with that, so I told her no, just me and my DH
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I think as a family it's up to you. If you don't want her there just tell her that it's just you and hubby. I had no one there my1st baby my 2nd my 1st husband and my 3rd my oldest daughter and husband I wished I would of had my mom in there she was there but I didn't. I knw regret it even 9 yrs later
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2011