Death: The Great Equalizer

I heard this term again this weekend maybe 3 times and again last night. So I thought I'd ask you ladies what is your perception of the statement and do you agree that Death is the equalizer for mankind? thanks in advance for your response.

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 7:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I had not heard the term so I had to look it up. I guess it's true we're all on equal plain.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes, eventually we all end up in a morgue, the very rich and the very poor.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• The only sure things in life are death and taxes.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Everyone dies. No matter how rich or influencial you are in this lifetime, you will die .
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Of course it is. It's the ONE thing that no matter our gender, religion, social status, income, race or what not we all have to face! There is nothing else in life that we all have to face like that... So yeah, death is the great equalizer! Dirt is Dirt is Dirt, no matter who you are.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• why in the world was I downvoted? LMAO! Some people.....
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• equal as in EVERYBODY dies. not equal as in what happens when you die.
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 8:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I think it's true. When we die, we don't leave the earth with money or material things. Just ourselves.
    gingerwife

Answer by gingerwife at 7:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• in one way, yes. we all will die at some point (unless Judgement Day occurs..but that's another post.).
    however, that's where the equality ends. some of us will leave behind monetary legacies or humanitarian deeds or actions of evil, or simply, words that live beyond our death. some will not. some of us will be remembered by more than our families and close friends. some of us will not. and for a handful of us, some will be immortalized by society and those we leave behind..as if death never occurred. (think Elvis...lol!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Well yeah, I mean we al die. Death does not "play favorites" based on race, gender, political status, wealth, etc. It simply comes based on the surrounding conditions of the individual. These conditions can be as complex as their health at a given point in time or as random as being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but regardless of conditions death will come to each of us and take us during our lifetime. (Which obviously ends our life)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2011