what could this be?

So ever since i was pregnant it started i thought it was contractions because it started towards the end of my pregnancy, but then i still got them after i was pregnant like every couple weeks. Now i get it maybe once every few months like 3-5 months ill get it, and the pain just hurts so badly, last night it started with my lower back hurting and it was just like a backache but it kept getting worse and i was up from 9-4am with it and then i took a aspirin to see if that helped, it did but i still have the small backache part, it hurts sometimes all throughout my back and stomach, i dont know its hard to explain..anyone know what it could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Health

• There are a few things this could be, so first, and foremost, I advise that you see your family physician and discuss this with him/her.

If it's coming in waves, it could be intestinal pain. That, in itself, can be caused by several things, such as gas, indigestion, inflammation, etc...

As I said, talking to your doctor would be the most helpful. They will probably do some tests, to rule out a few possibilities. I had something similar after I had my daughter, and it was incredibly painful. It turned out to be inflammation from IBS.

Best of luck!
    Cymbeline

Answer by Cymbeline at 10:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• There are so many things it could be that we can't tell you unless you can give us more details. When you mention it my first thought was round ligament pain, though that's not typically felt in the back area but only on the front/sides area. Does it radiate down your legs? If so it could also be sciatica. This is something I'd see your doc about.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• WELL FIRST OF ALL YOU SHOULD NOT BE TAKING ASPRIN DURING PREGNANCY !!! IT WILL THIN OUT YOUR BLOOD COULD BE DAMAGING TO BABY..!!!!! Try extra strenght tylonal... I think what you are experiencing is just muscle and tendon pain...pregnancy is not a walk in the park..unexplained pains happen all the time..have you been tested for bladder or UTI(urinary tract infection) talk to your DR..I thought I was in labor with 2 of mine because back pain turned out that I had UTI..also ended up peeing blood...but no pain in bladder just back..hope this helps...
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Please call your doctor. We are not qualified to diagnose your pregnancy concerns. Get the information from your doctor then share what you learned.
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 2:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• could also be kidney prob. my husband gets pains just like you described. he has had kidney stones 3 times.
    Angelie04

Answer by Angelie04 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• oh no i meant like my last pregnancy it started at the end and then just never stopped so its been off and on happening for like maybe 17 months, my daughters 15 months now..i tryed to explain it back when i was like 8 months pregnant to my docter cuz i thought it was contractions but she just said its probly nothing to worry about..yeah i havent been pregnant for a little over 15 monthes now..and it used to be i would get these pains every week or every couple days now i get it every maybe 3 monthes and it just last longer..i dont know..
    Anonymous

• OK SO YOUR NOT PREGO ANYMORE?? WELL SWEETIE I HOPE YOU CAN FIND GOOD DR...I HAVE MANY PAINS THOUGHOUT MY WHOLE BODY AND NO ONE KNOWS WHATS WRONG BEEN TESTED FOR EVERTHING...BUT....I STILL STAND THAT IT COULD BE KIDNEY OR BLADDER INFECTION...ALSO HAVE YOU BEEN EXPOSED TO STD'S?? SOME LIKE CHLAMIDIA CAN CAUSE THOSE TYPES OF PAIN.....GO TO MAYO CLINIC.COM AND CLICK ON SYMPTOM CHECKER....THEN WRITE DOWN WHATEVER COMES UP AND ADDRESS THESE ISSUES WITH YOUR DOCTOR...HOPEFULLY IT WILL HELP.....GET BETTER...TAKE CARE
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• nope im not pregnant..it just started when i was pregnant.. and when i got checked for stds i didnt have any..but yeah i went to mayo clinic all throughout my pregnancy cuz i live in Rochester..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2008