Flat Screen (LED) Suggestions?

We want to buy a 52" flat screen for our new house, have no idea which brands are good (or not so good). Does anyone have any recommendations? I've been going through the reviews, it seems like every TV has people that love it or hate it. Any suggestions on where to get one at the best price?

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 8:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have a 52" Sharp Aquos LED and we really like it. Our other flat screen is a sharp as well..it is an LCD but doesnt have the LED screen....the picture is a lot different, more clear, and the LED doesnt get really warm like the regular one.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• We got a 40" a week ago that is a Samsung and we love it. My SO is a techie geek and he did the research and we ended up with one of 2 brands that he narrowed it down to. I also no someone with 3 vizio's and they got them for great prices and they love them as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• We have a Samsung, a Sharp Aquos, and a Panasonic and they are all great. I've heard that the Vizio brand is good and that you can't beat the price. You'll have to shop around for the best deal and to see which offers the best picture/sound.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• We stick with Sony, and we've never had a problem. Well, other than a flying sippy cup. LOL. I know that Costco has a rather large Sony that's also a 3D TV. We're going to be getting the Sony with Google TV that's a 40 inch. Whatever you decide to buy, I'd go to best buy. They'll price match any price plus they have an amazing warranty plan that includes accidental on most items.
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 8:44 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Stay away from LG tvs. That's the only recommendation I have.
    Sharp, Sony, Vizio, Samsung....all good.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Also look at what "features" the TV has. When we replace our dying Plasma (we bought ours YEARS ago), it will be with an LED or LCD TV that has the ability to go online and play Netflix instant play movies since we already subscribe to Netflix.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Samsung and Sony are both good. We have a Vizio, which has a wonderful picture, but I'm not as thrilled with the quality of the sound.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2011