Where Do I go from Here?

I ran into an old friend from childhood asked about his brother as I have done for the last twenty or so years his brother had moved to another state said he was single should call him up so I did so and we started talking and found that we have alot in common. Our exs left us in pretty much the sameway. And that we are both now single . The first thing I did was ask if he was seeing any one don't want to step on someones toes.said there was no-one not even a booty call I understand we live in different states but we talk and email and text everyday. He has home to visit his family here so we have seen each other quite a bit. this has been going on now for almost a year, I finally had the courage to say hey I like you very much so where do we go from here. this was his response. He said that he didn't know only time will tell, So I asked him straight out if I was only a booty call and he said if that was the case he wouldn't call me everyday, well I still don't know what to think here anymore.I understand that he has been hurt but so have I. He gets upset when i go out with friends cause he says he know how it goes women almost always bring home a man. Told him straight out that isn't true (ex from his past have been barflies and seen him as a checkbook) I know he has issues but do I continue to wait or do I move on? Can add more info if needed to get some advice

starrchild123

Asked by starrchild123 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Id end it. Aside from living in two diff states it seems like hes already a little controlling. He should care if you go out. And if he does have a little jealousy he needs to keep it to himself. JMO GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• he shouldnt care I meant
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• If you feel there is a real relationship starting with this guy I would wait and see what happens. I almost think he was fishing with the comment about going out and picking up guys, but I could be wrong. My DH and I lived 300 miles apart when we were first dating, and after a year I took a job in his area. LD relationships can work.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• He has been hurt but some of the things you have said are coming across as warning signs as he might be bitter or controling have you talked about any of your exes? The thing that worried me was when he said he knows how women are bringing guys home when they go out with their friends. This sounds like a combination of someone who is bitter and maybe unforgiving.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 11, 2011