Is anyone else tired of this?

I'm really getting tired of the level of animosity between Republicans and Democrats. It's fine to disagree about political ideals but it seems like many of us are forgetting that we are all people with hopes & dreams, families, friends and loved ones.

When it comes down to it at the end of the day we all basically want the same things, to be surrounded by our families and that our families are healthy, happy and safe.

I know I've occasionally gotten caught up in silly arguments, but honestly, name calling, ridiculous accusations and hatred really are unnecessary and will never help either side accomplish anything positive.

What do you think?

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 8:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• clapping

Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes! you rock

kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Agreed.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• – collapse
    Nope. Can't say that I'm tired of it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• There are certain people on both sides that I am tired of hearing from, I just tune it out. They spew hate, and don't focus on the issues. There are a lot of politicians that don't get involved in the name calling and senseless bipartisanship, those are the ones that I follow and actually listen to. (And will vote for!)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It does get old.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I am very concerned for our country and it is obvious that there are extremists and crazies on both sides of the aisle...also, the lightening rod issues that both sides use to polarize peopleget rehashed often with no real resolution.Our country is being torn asunder and we are weakened by our differences instead of stregthened by them.....
    ferrellmt

Answer by ferrellmt at 9:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't know that I agree. I do in a sense, but I don't feel that this forum has so much of what you speak about. I personally don't hate anyone. I imagine that a majority of the ladies here would be perfectly lovely IRL. The name calling and ridiculous accusations come from both sides. I figure it sort of comes with the territory of an online public forum. I take what I like and leave the rest (and try to have a little fun here and there). I guess I just don't take things on this forum too serious or personal.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I wasn't being specific to CM... I'm also saying other social media outlets, cable news networks and in RL as well.
    FeelinYummy

Comment by FeelinYummy (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I've BEEN tired of it for years, but there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:19 AM on Jan. 11, 2011