Just curious about something?

Can a gay female couple both use CM?

Are they both moms? Or is it dependent on what role they play? If one is the bread winner and the other is staying home with the kids, is the one staying home playing "mom"? or does it matter? Well I know some men stay home while the mom goes out and works, so maybe that scenario I gave is a bit sexist? I dunno, its confusing.

Since there's no way to tell, I guess it doesn't matter, but we should try to follow the rules even if there's no real way to tell whose signing up here or not.

Thanks for your input.

edit: what if one of the women is rather "non-feminine", I guess some call it "Butch". I swear she's a man in a female's body LOL. Shouldn't whoever is doing the "stereotypical mom duties" (regardless of gender,race, creed, etc) be the ones coming here since we're all doing the same jobs and need the same advice and interaction?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in About CafeMom

• personally I feel anyone who is a parent and takes care of the kids and the house, runns errands, does the cleaning and cooking, etc...basically all the parenting duties should be allowed here, regardless of what they are IRL, gay/straight, male/female/ black/white/polkadot, from Earth or Mars, don't care. As long as they can participate nicely and offer a positive experience, then welcome to the Club.

People talking about personal issues on here need to realize its the internet and we're all strangers here, as such its unwise to discuss peronal things online with people you don't know. Besides none of this is private, its accessible thru google searches and anyone can join and make up a profile and a screenname. So it shouldn't matter. My three nickels for what its worth.
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I would say they are both moms, my definition of a mom is a woman who is raising a child in a maternal role.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• The rule is a woman with kids. I'd say your question is a bit homophobic.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• A woman is a woman it don't matter which way she swings.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 9:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No idea.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:04 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I think they can as long as they have separate accounts on different computer locations. Otherwise, it would break TOS. (?)
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I agree with Dr. Donna, your question is definitely homophobic and I'll also add closed-minded.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:14 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• then you're both misreading it and I'm sorry you feel that way. Its really just an honest question in regards to the rules.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• The rules don't address homosexuality because they don't need to. There are no rules addressing what state of "married" a woman needs to be in order to join, either - single, widowed, married, separated, divorced, etc. - not mentioned. So, why would there even need to be a rule regarding the sexual preferences of a woman with kids?

If it's just an honest question, then what's the point? Are you a homosexual wondering if it's okay for you to join? Anything other than that, I'm not understanding how this wouldn't be homophobic. The rules aren't complicated, so I don't buy "I just didn't know/just curious". If you are willing to explain, I'm happy to hear it. My guess is there won't be an answer, because we've already stumbled upon it (straight up homophobia - great reason to post anonymously).
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Wow - your edit doesn't really help a lot. Guess I shouldn't be welcomed here either, since I work outside of the home and my husband helps with the "sterotypical mom duties".
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2011