Am I the only person that doesn't live near a YMCA?

Pretty much anytime I see a question about fitness, someone will suggest a YMCA. Am I the only one who doesn't live near one? (Or at least not close enough to drive to at least once a week?)

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am no where near one. :)

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• the closest one to me is 45 mins!!!!!!1

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I live nowhere near one.

Answer by jdbrown21 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No.I think the closest YMCA is 35 miles from us,I wouldn't go there anyway. Lifetime Fitness or Curves are much nicer.

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I dont think we have one near to me. I am not sure though. We had one an hour away where I used to live and I never went to it.

Answer by soon2bmmy at 9:21 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I think they are starting to phase out, and personally I'm not so sorry to see them go. I know it depends on who is running the places, but back when they were fighting to keep their tax free status, I didn't support them due to the way the one in my home town was run.
    anti semantic practices by class instructors, giving heck to the handicapp that didn't see handicapped enough to them to use things like the elevators, all kinds of things.

having to pay a mint to use the hot tub and most of the facilities. place was very snobbish.
    they changed things eventually, making it to where everyone could use the hot tub and most of the facilities that they had excluded. it got better after the tax fight.
    seems like the days of the kids day camps and the community projects are pretty much over.

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't even know where one is!

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• The closest one to me is in a city an hour away, 55 miles. By the time I get into the city, find the place, etc, I've put on another 20 miles and at least 30 minutes.

• Before we moved about 9 months ago, the closest one was about a 30 minute drive, and in the hellish traffic around here...ugh.

Our new house is about 6 minutes away from one (the same one, actually), but I still don't go. I work out at home. But I guess it's nice to know it's there if I ever change my mind.

Answer by vicesix at 9:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I live 3 miles from one now, when we move the closest one will be 40 minutes away.

Answer by Scuba at 9:21 AM on Jan. 11, 2011