Does it make you mad when your child acts dumb???

Does anyone else get highly irritated when your child acts as if they dont know something but they know exactly what it is. OMG i get so mad sometimes & frustrated its a repetitive thing and i cant stand it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• very frustrating!!!
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My 5 year old does that and it also makes me crazy.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I give the irritated smile and wait for him to ask me for something and pull the same act he just pulled after an hour or so I get an apology I started doing that when they were 8 now he is 17 and still does the dumb act.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Very very irritating lol My daughter is almost 4 and is smart as a whip! She has kindergarten level workbooks that some days she will breeze right through and answer everything correctly. Then there are days when I guess she doesn't "feel" like doing it so she pretends she doesn't know it at all. At that point I usually just put the book up until she is ready to try harder.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• my 4 year old does it, i just tell her she's a big girl and she needs to say it right.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My kids are older and when they pull that they get an extra chore. For example, they will "forget" to check the stove for dishes, that's fine, they get to handwash those dishes.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:57 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I guess Im on the outside. I choose to pick my battles and not sweat the small stuff.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2011